Recognition of official validity of higher type studies

We recommend using Firefox 55.1 or higher, Chrome 55.0 or higher, or Microsoft Edge 38.14 or higher.

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What is it an RVOE?

    The Recognition of Official Validity of Studies (RVOE) is the act of the educational authority by virtue of which it is determined to incorporate a plan and study programs that an individual imparts, or intends to impart, to the National Educational System.

  2. Does the RVOE apply to all educational programs taught by a particular institution?

    No, since the RVOE is awarded to a particular plan and programs of study, therefore, it is possible that a private institution has the RVOE for certain plans and programs of study and does not have RVOE for other programs he also teaches.

  3. Are there RVOES in the pipeline?

    No, the process begins when the individual submits the request to the Educational Authority, if the individual meets all the requirements that the regulations require, the RVOE is granted, otherwise, the RVOE is denied; that is, the process does not imply that you will obtain a favorable opinion.

  4. What are the consequences for students who attended a program without RVOE?

    The main consequence is that the studies completed lack official validity, no Educational Authority will be able to issue you a valid title and professional license; in addition, the student will not be able to continue with further studies in the National Educational System.

  5. Is it mandatory for private institutions of higher education to obtain the RVOE?

    No, however the studies completed are not valid and the student will not be able to regularize those studies.

  6. What are the consequences for an institution in which its study programs do not have RVOE, but in its advertising it makes the public believe that it does? Do they have recognitions?

    Individuals who teach without RVOE have the obligation to mention in all their publicity that they make and documentation that they emit, their status as unincorporated to avoid deceiving students and their parents. Failure to comply with this provision may lead to the imposition of the sanctions provided for in Article 77 of the Law on the matter.

  7. Where can I find out if the study program I am studying has RVOE?

    There are several ways:

    1.- Firstly, the private institution of higher education must mention in all its advertising and documentation that it issues, the RVOE Agreement number, the date of issue and the authority that granted it. Otherwise, it is presumed that the studies lack official validity.

    2.- On the Internet page of the Information System of Recognitions of Official Validity of Higher Type Studies (SIRVOES), which includes the RVOES granted by federal and state educational authorities.

    3.- Likewise, said information can be consulted directly with the areas responsible for granting the RVOE of the Federal Public Education Secretariat and the P & uacute; Secretariats of Education. of entities.

  8. Are there other educational authorities empowered to incorporate study plans and programs offered by private institutions of the higher type into the national educational system?

    Yes, the autonomous universities such as the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), the Universities of the states, the National Polytechnic Institute, among others.

  9. What is the difference between a federal and a state RVOE?

    The only difference lies in the Educational Authority that grants the RVOE, both the federal and state RVOE have the same validity in the National Educational System.